Jane's blog Lights! Camera! Diapers! is like a bloggy version of Anne Lamott's Operating Instructions. It's that good. And I know it’s a bad financial year, but if you have $2, you can help Jane make a movie. How cool is that--helping make a movie? It's easy, and it's fun. Check it out here:
1) Must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) Present this award to 7 (or so) other people whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 7 (or so) other people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
(Cue drum roll.) Honest Scrap, the Holiday Edition.
- I am bad at giving gifts. Birthdays, weddings, Christmas. If I am ever rich, I will hire a personal assistant to take care of my gift-giving.
- Every year, I say I’m going to get my Christmas shopping done in June or August. But it never happens. I’m always running around at the last minute.
- I have given up sending cards.
- At Wellington Road, we used to have an artificial tree. A few years ago, we donated that piece of crap to the school fair. We decided it’s greener (in NZ) to have a live tree. And it’s more fun.
- When I was five, I heard reindeer landing on the roof. (My parents didn’t believe me.)
- When I was seven, my mother baked the most delicious shortbread cookies, and we hung them on our Christmas tree. By Christmas, I had eaten all the cookies that were hanging on the back of the tree.
- When I was in high school, I still wanted to sit on Santa’s lap. I was either re-visiting childhood, or I thought it would be kooky.
- I wrap presents in brown parcel paper.
- I have always liked the Grinch and Scrooge. But the Ghost of Christmas Future can stay away. That shit is spooky.
- Even though it doesn’t get dark until after 9pm on Christmas Eve, I still light lots of candles. Christmas Eve is better than Christmas. Especially Christmas Eve night, when everything is finally done. It’s magical.
Aliceson from Feet Off the Table. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she makes me feel grateful for what I have. I love her.
Michelle from Harmzie’s Way tagged me last time. It's payback time.
Megan Rose from Frou Frou Frippery. She used to have a blog called Honest Lying, where she vowed to speak her mind. She is my inspiration. Except I don’t do crafty things like she does. Go look at her gorgeous holiday birds. Want.
My mother blogs at From AA to NZ. That’s right, my mother is a blogger. And she inspired me to start blogging. She’s funny, and she’s family.
Madame DeFarge from Bateau Banane. She is a successful blogger, and obviously a lovely person. Plus she seems to “get” my humour.
Jayne from InJaynesWorld. I just discovered Jayne. She is a celebrity writer, and one of my new favourite bloggers.
Chris from Daddy Needs Some Alone Time. I stumbled across Chris in the comments of another blog. He's a comic, and I love it when he stops by Wellington Road.
The End of Honest Scrap. (Cue curtain.)
You are too kind! I already did this one a while back but since you said such nice things about me, I will certainly do it again but I'm totally stealing the Holiday version idea.
Oh and I totally agree that Christmas Eve is way better than Christmas Day! By Christmas Day, I'm bloated from over-eating, the kids have trashed my house with their new toys and the daunting task of putting away all of the Christmas decor and finding homes for all of the new toys damn near induces a panic attack. Happy Holidays!
Greetings from Italy
OOO!! Thank you! I'll give it a try, but one of my "honest points" is definitely "lame at follow-through"! Ahem... at blogging... yes, just at blogging.
I'm happy to be in such good company too! And there's some others to check out! Thanks again
Juli, you sweet thing. I've always wanted that award. Thank you so much. It's up with a link to you. And you know how you're bad a buying presents? I'm sort of bad at following rules and making lists. But when a few brains cells become available again after this crazy time of year, I will give it my best shot. Again, thank you oodles and bunches!
I love Christmas Eve too. Visiting you from Aliceson's blog.
You're very kind indeed (and sorry to be so slow in getting here. Life, you know). Not sure about the sitting on Santa's lap. Were you a particularly forward teenager? Or was he a particularly handsome Santa?
OMG .... you're going to make me be introspective? Honestly?
Thanks. I am flattered to be included with your more gifted nominees.
As for holiday confessions .... I'm still in recovery from Christmas past.
Oh I love the holiday theme! You made this look very effortless Ms Juli, nicely done. I was so consumed with trying to be honest that I woke up wringing my hands b/c I thought "I've said too much" Whatsupnutjob! Anyway, as always, love to stop by here. And mosquitos love me too.
Gosh, am I the luckiest girl to have a wonderful follower like you! Thanks for the award and link. Apologies for being so slow to respond. Life eh, it gets in the way sometimes.
Post a Comment